Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Time: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Calgary Chinese Pentecostal Church, 127-2nd Avenue SE, Calgary, AB, T2G 0B2
The future of the Canadian church is cross-cultural, multicultural, intercultural, and intentional. We are extending this invitation to you because an intentional focus is strategic and integral to the future of the Church in Canada[i]:
- Statistics Canada continues to project huge rates for immigration and resulting cultural change in our nation, with 25 to 30 per cent of the population being immigrants by 2036. Amazingly, by 2036 they also predict that between 55 and 58 per cent of Canada’s immigrants will be born in Asia.
- These rates of immigration to Canada will continue to have distinct language impact upon us, too. We need gospel presentations, workers and disciple-making communities in languages that are understood by our immigrant population. By 2036, more than a quarter of our Canadian population will have a first language that is neither English nor French. Thus, Cultural Language ministries in Canada is not only a current need, but must be an integral focus of our mission moving forward as we seek to advance the message of the gospel in our nation in various ways and means.
- Religious affiliations will also continue as a critical dynamic: The “nones” (no religious affiliation) will increase to between 28 and 35 per cent, while Muslim, Hindu and Sikh faith followers will also continue to grow through immigration.
This Open Forum, designed for Pentecostal leaders among Cultural Language ministries from across our nation and across the Pentecostal fellowships of Canada, seeks to SHARE, STIMULATE, ENCOURAGE and EMPOWER each other in our gospel sharing, disciple making and kingdom building work!
- Share and hear what God is doing in Cultural Language ministries nationwide
- Stimulate each other in our faith and vision for God’s work through us
- Encourage brothers and sisters in current and new works
- Empower each other by the mutual sharing of our faith (Romans 1:11-12)
- And consider: Should we form a nation-wide, Pentecostal Cultural Language ministry initiative?
Please RSVP now to reserve your spot for this historic Open Forum, allowing us to prepare for your participation in this integral dialogue. We are covering this cost so we do need to know in advance that you are coming. Click here to register today!
With great anticipation for your presence and participation,
Charles Hermelink, Cultural Ministries Coordinator
Mission Canada - The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada