Missionaries to Canada
Why does a prosperous nation like Canada need missionaries? There is only one reason: people need to know Jesus. Isn't that why any nation needs missionaries?
Mission Canada has the privilege of serving our Fellowship by empoweing uniquely called individuals to develop new ministries in unreached regions, efforts that are intended to augment the work of PAOC local churches. These individuals are called Mission Canada workers and they can be found living and serving in urban neighbourhoods and northern communities, at high schools and on college or university campuses, and beyond. They are pioneers, risk takers, innovators, entrepreneurs, and servants. They are called and they are sent.
Mission Canada Workers are missionaries in the truest sense: they are sent to Canada's neediest and least reached regions to serve people who are far from God and His reconciling love. They go with the blessing and endorsement of our Fellowship, their District, the support of local churches, friends, and family.
Our family of Mission Canada workers is always growing.
Mission Canada Worker at Ryerson University in Toronto, Ontario
Mission Canada Worker at University of Saskatchewan
Mission Canada Worker at Humber College in Toronto, Ontario
Mission Canada Worker to campus students in Montreal, Quebec
Watch the video
Mission Canada Worker at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg
Mission Canada Worker to Francophone students in Québec
Mission Canada Worker in Whistler, British Columbia
Watch the video.
Mission Canada Worker to Vancouver's Commercial Drive
Watch the video
Considering becoming a Mission Canada Worker with the PAOC? Consider the following...
- Individuals must be a representative of Jesus Christ and His Kingdom. Mission Canada expects all missionary appointees to demonstrate to the best of their ability, by word and action, a lifestyle that is consistent with the principles of integrity and purity found in scripture. A missionary agrees to abide by the Minister's Code of Ethics and the PAOC Statement of Fundamental and Essential Truths.
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens or have Canadian residency.
- Applicants must have or be eligible for credentials with The Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada.
- Mission Canada workers are those intentionally sent to Canada's neediest and least reached regions, aligning with one or more of the priority areas of focus for Mission Canada. Individuals must have a passion for and experience in working with a particular Mission Canada priority group or georgraphical areas where need and priority have been identified.
- Mission Canada workers are responsible to raise the necessary financial support for their missions efforts and project funds. As well, representing the PAOC's Mission Canada department, they are catalysts in motivating individuals and churches for missions nationally.
If you are interested in becoming a Mission Canada Worker or for more information, please contact us.
The reality in Canada
- The Francophone people of Quebec represent the largest missionary challenge in the western world. Over 99% do not have a personal faith in Jesus.
- Over 80% of youth and young adults are not regularly attending a place of worship of any kind. A majority of post-secondary Christian young adults drop out of church after high school.
- Over 200,000 newcomers arrive in Canada annually from other countries – 95% do not know Jesus personally.
- Christian natives faithfully share the Good News in the face of massive spiritual, physical and social challenges among Canada's Aboriginal community.
- Entire demographic groups of Canadians who live in-city are relatively unreached by the Church.
- Those ministering in rural or northern Canada often wrestle with isolation and scarcity of resources.
Although the PAOC has over 1,100 local churches spread across the nation, there exists a growing missional need in Canada. Mission Canada, together with PAOC District leadership, is actively pursuing new strategies and initiatives to address this need by facilitating the calling and deploying of individuals who would envision themselves as being Missionaries to Canada.
Mission Canada Missionaries video
How to download videos:
PC users -
To download the above video, right click on the link and select "Save Target As". Once you have chosen a location for the video to be saved, click save.
Mac users -
To download the above video, right click on the link and select "Save Link As". Once you have chosen a location for the video to be saved, click save