The Olympics are Here!
(July 30, 2012)
As we continue to pray for our government, please remember world leaders as well, who also need God’s wisdom as they make pivotal decisions that could impact many nations. All eyes are on London, England, as more than 200 countries are represented at the Olympic Summer Games. I welcome your prayer covering in the coming days as I serve the athletes, team officials and volunteers in the Athletes Village. As the Canadian member of the chaplaincy group and team leader of the Multi-faith Centre in the Village, we need God’s wisdom and direction throughout the Games. Thanks once again for joining us on the Pray Every Day journey. For those who didn’t get a chance to do so, here once again is our video (below) featuring Brian Egert, assistant to the general superintendent for Mission Canada, who leads us in prayer for our nation.
Happy Canada Day!
(July 1, 2012)
The Lord has greatly blessed our nation, and we pray that He will continue to keep our land glorious and free. This month, we are focusing on prayer for our government leaders, who constantly face decisions that directly impact our families, our communities and those of the generations to come. They are in continual need of God’s wisdom, strength and grace to do their work effectively. In this month’s video Brian Egert, assistant to the general superintendent for Mission Canada, leads us in intercession for our nation’s leaders at all levels. We encourage you to show this video to your congregation as a means of encouraging intentional prayer for governmental leaders this summer.
Thank you for your continued participation with us in Pray Every Day … we continue to have confidence that the Lord is answering our collective prayers and is at work in Canada and around the world.
July/August 2012 Prayer Focus: For Our Government
- Pray that God will guide decisions of our government leaders at federal, provincial and municipal levels for His glory.
- Pray that God will raise up more Christian leaders at all levels of government.
- Pray that Christian leaders will be strengthened and made bold in their witness for Christ, in word and deed.
- Pray for future Canadian leaders, that God will begin to groom and prepare them for His purposes.
- Pray that leaders’ eyes will be opened to the importance of Christian communities and initiatives and that they will be supportive of these.
Thanks to all of the church who have already begun ordering Pray Every Day materials for this year. We encourage those who have not done so to place orders shortly, as supplies are limited. Direct requests to email@example.com.
* Click here to pray from an International Missions perspective*
Proverbs 8:15-18, TNIV
By me kings reign and rulers issue decrees that are just; by me princes govern, and nobles—all who rule on earth. I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. With me are riches and honor, enduring wealth and prosperity.
1 Timothy 2:1-4, NIV
I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
Proverbs 28:2, TNIV
When a country is rebellious, it has many rulers, but a ruler with discernment and knowledge maintains order.
1 Thessalonians 5:21-22, NIV
Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.
James 1:5, NIV
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
Romans 13:1-2, NIV
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.
Do you have a story to share about this month’s or any other previous prayer focus? Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit www.paoc.org to read other testimonies of God’s faithfulness.
Thank you for praying along with us this month as we ask the Lord to strengthen and multiply our churches. We also encourage you to pray from an International Missions perspective, along the following lines:
- Pray that God will strengthen and encourage godly leaders, helping them to be firm in doing His will and honouring His Word.
- Pray that God will raise up more godly leaders at all levels, in all nations, so that barriers to the spread of the gospel can be removed.
- Pray that God will soften the hearts of world leaders so that they make decisions that are in the best interests of the people they govern.
- Pray that God will guide the decisions of leaders around the world, according to His will and larger purposes.
Activities and Resources
- Monthly prayer cards and magnets for your congregation are available by contacting our order desk at email@example.com or 905-542-7400 ext. 3223. Resources include a prayer card for each month of the year, highlighting the specific prayer theme, prayer points and scriptures for that month (which will be posted on this web page each month), and a magnet. An additional brochure highlighting the prayer themes for the entire year will also be included. Resources are free of charge and in limited supply. They will be made available to participating PAOC churches and Bible colleges. Shipping charges will apply. Please contact the order desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-542-7400 ext. 3223. or 905-542-7400 ext. 3223.
- Please ensure you intercede for those serving internationally. The 2011/2012 Missions Prayer Guide is now available. To order, please e-mail our order desk at email@example.com. Only the shipping cost will apply.
- To receive up-to-date prayer information regarding our International Missions workers please go to http://www.frontlineintercessors.ca/.
Reporting and Feedback
We look forward to hearing from the pastor or co-ordinator of Pray Every Day at your church about how these times of intercessory prayer have been a blessing to you. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback, or fill out and mail or fax the feedback form that comes with your sample package. You can also download a feedback form here. Let us know if you and your church will be participating by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Thank you for Praying Every Day!